Monday, August 27, 2007

Fuggadelphia

In a shocking twist unforseen by the knitting world, a crime against fashion was perpetrated this weekend by superstar Amy R. Singer. She was photographed during an appearance at Loop wearing this... erm... ensemble.

Philly Knitty Fest 030

Clearly, it started to affect Amy's behavior after a few moments.

Philly Knitty Fest 029

Here, it would appear it had taken over her mind enough to convince her that she could fly.

Philly Knitty Fest 031

No one seemed to know what could have possessed such a normally stylish, lovely woman to appear in public wearing such hideousness. However, our sources indicate that the blame lies squarely with her stylist for the appearance, one known only as "trillian42", seen here forcing a reluctant Amy into the creation.

Philly Knitty Fest 028

Later sightings of Ms. Singer indicate that she was no longer wearing the offending item, so we can only hope that this was a bout of temporary insanity brought on by ridiculous humidity and an invading horde of Knittyboarders.


- Big, big thanks to Buttercup for the pictures, since I'm a lameass and never got my camera out all weekend, and unbelievably HUGE thanks to Amy for being such an amazingly good sport. I owe you big for this!

(This was cross-posted to my blog)

4 Comments:

Blogger MBT said...

SO who has the fug now? I saw it pass hands but didn't see who the lucky recipient was.

Readers I have to tell you that the fug in person is a mountain of awful - photos just don't do it justice! Can't wait to add my piece.

And Amy - you really do win the good sport of all time award for putting that thing on in public.

8/27/2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I have the fug! You bet I have the fug!

(sung to that "We have the funk" song from the commercial with the kids doing the robot. I've been singing that all weekend!)

8/27/2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger dulcedosa said...

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Oy! I thought we'd seen the last of the FUG at when it was at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. Yet, she lives on???

8/27/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

Bologna? Pronounced Bolonya. Lived there for 5 months when I was a student. Met the wife there.

9/28/2007 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

What the Fug?
Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com