1. The Fuggablog is a Random Act of Zaniness intended to encourage creative Fuggery, to rid our homes of unwanted Fug, and to amuse us crazy Fuggers.
2. We will document the Fug's travels right here.
3. The Fug will be started by Penny Karma, and passed to the next Fugger in line. As people join our Fuggapalooza, their names will be added to the sidebar and placed in a hat. When it's time for the Fug to move on, Beeb will draw a name out of the hat, and I will contact the Fug's Current Companion with address information about who it goes to next. That way it stays random, and I can make sure the next person in line is available and not out of town for 2 months.
4. The challenge will end when the FO is returned to Domestic Overlord and she has worked with it for 7 days.
5. On receipt of the Fug you will photograph the piece as it arrives and post it to the Fuggablog blog where the progress of the Fug will be updated. The knittyboard will also be updated simultaneously so that everyone can see what complete Fuggin goofballs/creative geniuses we are.
6. Each recipient can keep the Fug for up to one week (7 days) by which time it must be posted on to the next recipient. Jeez, why would ya want to hang onto it??
7. During your one week custody of the Fug you may invite as many people locally as you like to take part in the project - their contributions must be within your one week day allocation. You can do whatever you like to the Fug - add a sleeve, pocket, soft toy, use whatever size needles you like, increase, decrease, short rows, create a 2 dimensional or a three dimensional addition, add buttons, bows, ribbons, shiny things, and of course, the use of FunFur is encouraged.
8. During the time that the Fug resides with you, you must:
A) add at least one row of Fugly to the Fug. Embellish, graft on to, attach, change colour, pattern, yarn or in any other way increase the Fugliness and/or dubious functionality of the Fug, however you want.
B) after your addition, photograph yourself holding, wearing, or hiding behind the Fug in a public place. Get that? You're submitting a total of at least two photos. Post more if ya want, we don't care. Post at least one of the original Fug as it arrived at your door, and one of you in public sportin' the Fug after you've added your own specialkinda Fug to it.
Then you are free to rid yourself of the Fug.
9. You must NOT frog, remove or alter any work done to date of receipt unless there are specific instructions to do so, which you are entitled to ignore.
10. Please make sure that the Fug is passed on to the next person in a state that is easily picked up - ie stitches placed on a holder, pattern instructions included (which you may choose to ignore) and the Fug securely packaged. The current keeper of the Fug should post a message in this thread about what s/he did to Further Fuggify the Fug.
11. By agreeing to participate you agree to contribute freely your time, ideas, yarn, embellishments and postage to the next person. By agreeing to take part you are putting your work and ideas into the public domain (not that the public domain would want any of it), and as such should be prepared to allow your work to be altered and added to by others. Basically, kids, if you have your feelings hurt easily, then get the Fug out. You're part of a collaborative effort. It's not all about YOU. Unless you're me.
12. The Finished Fug's fate has yet to be determined. Suggestions welcomed.